Solar Panels, Photovoltaics, Biomass Boilers, Cavity Wall & FREE Loft Insulation Grants. Glasgow | Scotland
Alva Northern Ltd is proud to announce its biggest Solar PV install
of 50 kW in Scotland
The system consists of 200 solar panels spreads over 321 Sq m of cattle shed at a farm in Aberdeenshire. The 50 kW system is expected to generate an annual ROI of nearly £15,000
annually in its first year and will save 34,731 kg/a of CO2 emmissions. This 50 kW system
will generate just under 40,000 kWh of electricty each year.
Alva Northern are doing their part by delivering an excellent service and helping people of
Scotland and the government to achieve their targets for reducing our carbon emmissions.
The term 'biomass' can be applied to any fuel type derived from recently living tissue.
Many biomass fuels can significantly reduce carbon emissions if they are used to displace fossil fuels, especially in 'heat only' applications such as firing boilers providing space heat and hot water in buildings. Some biomass types can also be converted into liquid fuels suitable for use in vehicles. Biomass fuels can be cheaper to use than fossil fuels in many circumstances, so, combined with increasing fossil fuel prices and energy security issues, biomass is becoming a more and more attractive option. This is reflected in the rapidly increasing number of installations in domestic, commercial and public sector buildings.
Why use BIOMASS?
Biomass is a renewable, low carbon fuel that is already widely available throughout the UK. Its production and use also brings additional environmental and social benefits. Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can deliver a significant reduction in net carbon emissions when compared with fossil fuels.
Benefits of using biomass as a sustainable fuel
• Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can offer a wide range of benefits:
• Biomass is a “carbon lean” fuel producing a fraction of the Carbon emissions of fossil fuels.
• Biomass can be sourced locally, from within the UK, on an indefinite basis, contributing to security of supply.
• UK sourced biomass can offer local business opportunities and support the rural economy.
• The establishment of local networks of production and usage allows financial and environmental costs of transport to be minimized. There is no region in the UK that cannot be a producer of biomass.
• The use of biomass fuel provides an economic incentive to manage woodland which improves biodiversity.
• Many biomass fuels generate lower levels of such atmospheric pollutants as sulphur dioxide, that contributes to 'acid rain'. Modern biomass combustion systems are highly sophisticated, offering combustion efficiency and emission levels comparable with the best fossil fuel boilers.
• Biomass residues, arisings, co-products and waste not used for energy, or some other application will usually rot. This will generate CO2 in any case, and may also produce methane (CH4), a greenhouse gas 21 times more potent that CO2.
Read more about Biomass
Alva Northern are specialised Biomass Heating Installers based in Glasgow. We service the whole of Scotland. Please contact us with all your Biomass Heating System requirements.
What is Biomass